Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Learning to Live in Loneliness

I was all alone and all I had was solitude
I am all alone today and yet I am lonely
I keep wondering what happened to my solitude.
Solitude was so splendid - me, my thoughts and myself.
Loneliness is a haunted feeling - today I am just an unwanted being.

Why was I so careless?
What crime did I commit?
I keep asking again and again.
I have no one to answer my question except me

I wake up in the middle of the night and I know I am alone
My stupid poetry is all I have for company
I do not seek sympathy for it hurts more
I do not wish to take solace in self-pity for it is dangerous to the core

I was having a lovely time when I was in solitude
I am just a lonely zombie today bereft of gratitude
I pass my days for I have nothing else to do
Waiting for Life to give me a chance to start everything new



No comments:

Post a Comment