Sunday, November 1, 2009

Longing for Thee

I jabbered and heard not thy melodies
Thy soft whispers reached me not for my ears were ringing with noises
Now, Thy gentle voice soothes my heart and nourishes my thoughts
My heart aches to be in communion with Thee.

But, Alas!I am gripped by lust, power and greed
When will I reach Thy eternal embrace?
I know Thy longing to hug me
will thy longing end?

What irony is that I laugh at my ego for its futility and yet follow it?
What irony is that I ask of Thee pebbles and stones when Thou wishes to confer the preciousest of jewels?
What irony is that I write poems in Thine honour
And yet not have the courage to follow Thy foot steps?

Lord, let this soul's longing for Thee rage into a storm engulfing my entirety
Let this soul dissolve into Thee breaking open the shackles of this earthly bondage.

No comments:

Post a Comment